The DeSoto Parish Clerk of Court’s office is pleased to announce that Birth Certificates, Birth Cards & Death Certificates are now available in the Desoto Parish Clerk of Court’s office, in Mansfield and Stonewall). Office hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, exclusive of holidays and weekends.
These certificates can be obtained in person by Self, Mother, Father, Child, Grandparent, Grandchild, Sister, Brother, Legal Guardian (with judgment of custody) or current Spouse of the person named on the certificate, upon filling out an application and providing identification requirements.
When picking up a Birth Certificate for a close relative or someone under the age of 18, you will need two forms of Identification.
(In the event that you’re picking up a birth certificate for yourself, and don’t have a picture I.D. you will also need two following forms.)
- Picture I.D. (identification card, school I.D., drivers licenses, or defenders card)
- Social security card or a tax form with the number on it.
- Copy of old birth certificate.
- Shot records, and or any medical records.
- Insurance card (Medicaid or Medicare, eye insurance, dental, or vehicle insurance)
- School or Daycare enrollment forms.
- School yearbook picture with the person’s name beside the photo.
- Copy of custody papers.
***If you are not an immediate family member you will need a signed letter from the person stating you’re the one picking up the birth certificate.***
Birth Certificates and Birth Cards go back (100) years. Death Certificates are available if the death is within the last two years and at least six weeks after death.
**Note: As of August 1, 2016 the Fees increased. The cost of each certificate is as follows:
- Birth Certificates $34.00
- Birth Certificate/Cards $48.00
- Death Certificates $26.00.